ASPHALT SHINGLES: RAISING THE B.A.R.
There is a reason why four out of five homes are covered with asphalt shingles in the United States.
Asphalt shingles offer myriad benefits for residential and commercial applications. Their Beauty,
Affordability and Reliability make asphalt a cut above the rest, raising the B.A.R. for premiere roofing
systems and protecting one’s most valuable asset.
Asphalt Shingles are…
The emergence of today’s stunning asphalt architectural shingles is nothing short of an artistic
renaissance in roofing. Gorgeous styles, colors, and textures abound
Even traditional 3-tab shingles have undergone a dramatic facelift in recent years. With bold new
colors and enhanced shadow lines, one can achieve a beautiful roof on any budget.
• A wide range of colors from white to black with everything in between
• Traditional (or 3-Tab) Shingles
• Architectural Shingles
Low Maintenance + Long Life Cycle = Long-Term Cost Savings
• Asphalt shingles require little or no maintenance and cost significantly less than alternatives such as
tile, wood, cedar, slate and metal.
• The efficient, high-volume production and relatively low application cost of asphalt shingles provide
consumers with an overall value that’s difficult for other roofing materials to match, especially in
terms of comparable life expectancy.
• Asphalt roofs are designed to require low maintenance (and easy repairs) for decades. Properly
installed, an asphalt roof will be extremely resistant to wind tear-off, uplift, moisture damage, and
practically any other natural hazard. (Some manufacturers also offer algae-resistant roofing
• High durability combined with high performance equals… low maintenance. And low maintenance
means peace of mind and huge cost savings over the life of the roof. In both low-slope roofing and
steep-slope roofing, asphalt roofing is your number one low-maintenance option.
• What’s more, many asphalt roof systems, including shingles, built-up roofs and modified bitumen,
meet ENERGY STAR roof specifications www.energystar.gov, which can lead to big cost savings over
Asphalt roofing products are designed to endure harsh weather conditions, in harsh climates, all
• Low Maintenance. Asphalt shingles, when properly chosen and applied, require little or no
regular upkeep, and are easily repaired if damaged.
• Ease of Application. Asphalt shingles are considered to be the easiest of all standard roofing
materials to apply. In addition, the flexibility and strength of asphalt shingles supports their
application on a wide variety of roof designs.
• Fire and Wind Resistance. Asphalt shingles are manufactured to resist external fire and
flammability standards, and carry Class A, B or C fire ratings, with Class A providing the
greatest fire resistance. These fire ratings are defined by nationally recognized standards and
tested by independent testing agencies. In addition, many asphalt shingles carrying a “wind
resistance” label indicate that they have been manufactured and tested to demonstrate
acceptable resistance in high-wind locations.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!